– Born in Milford Pennsylvania
– Attended a prestigious ballet school at age 14
– Vanessa quit ballet school at age 17
– Vanessa attended Columbia University in New York then quit
– Vanessa worked as a waiter at legendary village club “The Bitter End” in New York
– Vanessas Single “A Thousand Miles” hit #1 in charts around the world the first week of it’s release
– Born on August 16th, 1980
– Lives in Nolita, New York
– Her mom taught her piano
– Her mom sold piano’s for a living
– The song “Ordinary Day” was one of the first songs Vanessa ever wrote.
– Her father was an amateur fiddler
– Was 21 when was clearly known in the music industry
– At age 9 Vanessa had an unpaid job shoveling manure, she only did it because she loved horses.
– Vanessa lived in San Fransisco for sometime.
– Her time in San Fransisco inspired her to write her song “San Fransisco”
– Designed a clothing line called “So Girl” at Kohl’s
– Her song “Annie”was written about a girl, Victoria, who had leukemia
– Before becoming famous Vanessa worked as a waitress in lower Manhattan
– Favorite drink is Vodka with raspberrys
– Vanessa owns 2 dogs named Maggie and Lord Victor
– Is of Russian and Scandinavian descent
– Vanessa is lactose intolerant
– Vanessa would rather walk then drive
– Vanessa is attracted to vampires and lumber jacks
– The song “Wanted” was written about a guy she fell for, in New York, who was “ken-like”, it turns out he only liked her because she played piano so well.
– The song “Annie” is written about a girl named “Victoria” who Vanessa had met a few years ago.
– Her first recorded album was not released (“Rinse”), but was the tracks we reworked for her debut album, “Be Not Nobody”
– The title for Vanessa’s first album “Be Not Nobody” was inspired by a dream she had
– Unreleased songs became internet bootlegs such as “All I Ask,” and “Superhero”
– Vanessa’s song, “Dark Carnival” is used for the 2003 Sony PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft Xbox and PC game Spy Hunter 2
– In 2003, she received Grammy Award nominations for “Record of the Year”, “Song of the Year”, and “Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)” for “A Thousand Miles”
– Collaborated with Zucchero, along with Haylie Ecker on violin, for the song “Everybody’s Got to Learn Sometime”
– Began recording “Harmonium” Skywalker Ranch near San Francisco
– On tour with Stevie Nicks, she premiered the songs “Best Behavior” and “All Is Well”